SPONSOR AD:BLUE LANDSCAPES   ~   Music from a Quieter Place | ROBERT THIES (piano) & DAMJAN KRAJACIC (flute)  >> LISTEN HERE

Emerson model?

Flute History and Instrument Purchase

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

a04m

Emerson model?

Postby a04m » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello, I am new to the board and wanted to say hi to everyone, along with finding out some info. I just picked up an Emerson flute, but do not know how old or what model it is. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. The headjoint has an "A", "HC", and "Sterling" engraved on it. It is an open hole, b foot, inline g. The serial number is 036984-6. I'm assuming the rest of the flute is silver plating since nothing else is written on it. Besides saying Emerson flutes USA, the Emerson logo is an oval with a line through it. Thanks to anyone who can help out :D

ExPhysKid

Re: Emerson model?

Postby ExPhysKid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi there. This flute would be an Emerson model 6B, based on your description and the serial number engraved on it. The Emerson model 6 has a sterling silver head, silverplated body and foot joint. The 6B is the same with the addition of the B foot joint. The -6 at the end of the serial number indicates/confirms your flute is a 6, so with the addition of a B foot it is the 6B. Hope this helps! :D

a04m

Re: Emerson model?

Postby a04m » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Thank you so much for your help :D

Return to “Flute History and Instruments”