New Arrival

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

musikfan

New Arrival

Post by musikfan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Greetings fellow flute players! I found this forum while doing an online search. I am looking forward to being a part of the community, getting to know you, and sharing my love for "all things flute"!

I have been a flutist for over 35 years and still continue to enjoy playing locally in my church and at other venues such as weddings. I plan to join our community band this coming summer. I currently play on an Emerson 88B which has been a reliable flute, but not nearly as wonderful as the Muramatsu that I played many years back (Unfortunately, I had to sell it due to financial woes, and now I continually regret it). However, my dream is to someday find the flute and possibly purchase it back. In the meantime I am also in the process of purchasing a piccolo to use this summer when I play in the community band.

A bit of background bio: I am a High School Spanish and ESL teacher (I was a music education teacher for close to 12 years before I switched subject areas) in my 22nd year of teaching. Although I thoroughly enjoy Spanish, I continue to enjoy being a musician as well. I have been a pianist and vocalist for over 40 years, and have recently taken up bass guitar (my brother builds custom bass guitars). I have been married to my lovely wife for 26 years and we have four children and one grandchild. Some of my other hobbies include collecting antique electric fans as well as fitness and cooking. I am the worship director at my local church and this job also keeps me busy, but it is extremely rewarding.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting many of you.

pied_piper

Re: New Arrival

Post by pied_piper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Welcome to Fluteland! We hope you enjoy the discussions here.
"Never give a flute player a screwdriver."
--anonymous--

musikfan

Re: New Arrival

Post by musikfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Thank you!